- Sanctuary Assistant - Kalamurina
- Special skills / qualifications
- Administration including asset, insurance and safety audits. Remote living; working for AWC. Excellent staff support and a patient husband covers the rest!
Just this year I have mastered grader operations, and by the end of April I will have obtained my gun licence.
- What did you do before AWC?
- Maintenance Coordinator / Relief Maintenance Manager for KBRV Resorts on Fraser Island.
- Favourite animal protected by AWC
- Favourite place on an AWC sanctuary
Sunset Dune at any time, but mainly when the creek runs.
Murreebirrie Hill at sunset after a big rain.
Kallakoopa West on the big dunes with no names that surround Kati Thanda like sentinel guards.
I could go on and on...
- Top three animals you would like to see (or have seen) in the wild
- Wedge-tailed eagle chicks, Mulgara and the Woma Python.
- If you could visit any three places on the planet
- Butterfly Gorge, NT; Duranbah, QLD; and Tarkine, TAS.
- Other interesting stuff
- I am a story teller... I have 10 grandchildren, all of whom will be Prime Minister one day!; I used to read books, now I read tracks in the soft sand for the story of the night before....