- Land Management Officer
- Special skills / qualifications
- Degree in Natural resources and Nature tourism at Latrobe Uni Bendigo. This is the most fantastic course and should be compulsory study. Presently doing a diploma in conservation/ land management.
- What did you do before AWC?
- I have a cattle farming upbringing from Margaret River WA and twenty years in rural sales. Recently six years a carpenter/ Concreter and this summer I was a project firefighter with DELWP Victoria.
I loved being a camp host and track ranger in Victorian alps. My 3 weeks as a volunteer ranger at Finke Gorge Nat park last Oct with my wife Deb was very special.
- Favourite animal protected by AWC
- My favorite species protected by AWC is the sminthopsis group, for example the Dunnart. Apart from feral animals eating them voraciously , they are pillaged by every farmer, fire wood collector, fire bug, town planner developer and control burn executor to name a few of the threats they face. All native species are special, some are up against the odds a bit more.
- Favourite place on an AWC sanctuary
- I love being on AWC land full stop. All bio regions are incredibly busy with their dynamic food webs.
- Top three animals you would like to see (or have seen) in the wild
- 1. pure bred dingo
3. lead eaters possum
- If you could visit any three places on the planet
- 1. 10 meters below diving at Hamlin bay Western Australia.
2. Walking the song line of paddy Roe and the Goomoobaloo people of Broome.
3. Walking the Nadje track from Mallacoota to Womboyn. This is just an incredible area with many different ecosystems.
- Other interesting stuff
- I walked the Camino last year with Deb, 800 km across northern Spain. Paddling the Murray River and the Coorong. Looking for and finding mallee fowl and nests. Climbing the Ironstone range in the finke gorge spotlighting for Velvet geckos and finding them. Walking along the east edge of lake Wartook, Grampians after 2014 fires and seeing literally thousands of flower spikes of grass trees some 4 meters tall. I love to write poems about cultural heritage and its conflict with the natural order.