- Sanctuary Officer - Wongalara
- Special skills / qualifications
- Wife and mother; and dab-hand at all sanctuary activities.
- What did you do before AWC?
- Research Associate (Child Development & Human Relations): home-schooled our two children from Wongalara, and our previous remote home-bases.
- Favourite animal protected by AWC
- Favourite place on an AWC sanctuary
- Mount Sunta Ridge, Wongalara. Magnificent view of O’Otherloo Hills.
- Top three animals you would like to see (or have seen) in the wild
- Whale Shark, White Wolf and Woodpecker in action.
- If you could visit any three places on the planet
- I’d love to see Grizzly Bears fishing for salmon in Alaska; go back to my 'grassroots' in Scotland and partake of a true Scottish Whisky; and finally go into Outer Space.
- Other interesting stuff
- My career started in hairdressing, but took a major change after I ventured to the Top End of Australia. I was captivated with the mustering of wild cattle and buffalo whilst seated in a Bull Catcher (my version of a convertible) and helicopter. I secured a job as a Camp Cook, and married 'the boss' two years later. I still cut hair, but would like to learn how to style correctly.