- Sanctuary Manager - Piccaninny Plains
- Special skills / qualifications
- 'Old time' cattleman and 'bushy kinda' bloke. I can drive anything with an engine, and if it has hide and four hooves I will have a go at riding it.
- What did you do before AWC?
- I was peacefully retired and spending several months a year sailing the Whitsundays.
Early work life included bull and bronco riding on the rodeo circuit and head stock-man on 3.2 million pastoral station in south-western QLD. I could ride the boundary for 8 months and not pass the same piece of fence-line.
I also did a stint running my own crayfish boat in the Torres Strait with the best TI crew.
- Favourite animal protected by AWC
- Magnificent Riflebird.
- Favourite place on an AWC sanctuary
- All of Piccaninny Plains!
- Top three animals you would like to see (or have seen) in the wild
- Leopard Seal, dingoes, and a Frill-necked Lizard.
- If you could visit any three places on the planet
- Antarctica, Finland and Marion Island and reef.
- Other interesting stuff
- Broken my neck twice: bare-back bronco riding, then 20 years later being thrown off a bicycle.... and still walking!